Tornadoes and sleeping double in a single bed

It's 1:30 p.m. and it feels like it's 1:30 a.m.

That's how I feel after a night that included a tornado alarm and sleeping next to my 2-year-old son for four hours in a twin size bed. Cooper didn't want to sleep alone after getting pulled out of bed and brought downstairs to an interior bathroom where he sat with his 5-year-old brother, Ryan, as my wife and I watched the meteorological mayhem on TV.

But we ended up lucky. We had no damage at all, and there was lots of damage around us. The neighbor behind us had part of his fence blown down by the 80 mph winds. There were tree branches all over the place, and one street near us had about seven or eight houses in a row with roofs that were partially ripped off. Boards are blown off fences, some fences are completely down and a trampoline got picked up and smashed into the side of a house.

So we were lucky, and Ryan and Cooper actually thought it was fun. Innocence is great ... while my wife and I were watching as the "rotations aloft" were tracking toward our house, Ryan and Cooper were just laughing away in the bathroom.

After that, I got to remember just how small a twin bed is, especially when sharing it with a 2-year-old. I didn't get a lot of sleep, but Cooper was nice enough to offer me his Blankie to sleep with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Want my feedback? I've had it with surveys

Humor Me: Truth in customer service

Humor Me: Calculating your very own heat index