Potty training troubles

I just received an e-mail from my wife, and it appears that our 2-year-old son, Cooper, is not doing well in potty training. (I realize this is the second toilet-related post of the day, but it's just bad timing).

Here's the e-mail:

For the sake of my sanity and the safety of your child, we are not potty training for a month. I've put everything pertaining to potty training away. There will be no talk of potty training for a month. Hopefully in a month he will be ready to try again. I don't think he is ready and it is turning into a power struggle. So if he tells you how he pooped and peed in his underwear and then 30 minutes later peed while hiding in the shower curtain, just try to change the subject.

This comes a week after Cooper peed on his own during a potty-training day. Unfortunately, it was not in a potty. While my wife was busy for a moment with our infant son, our 5-year-old son, Ryan, gave her the report:

Cooper did not pee in the potty, Ryan said.

"It was on the Hungry Hungry Hippos game."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Want my feedback? I've had it with surveys

Humor Me: Truth in customer service

Humor Me: Calculating your very own heat index