'80s Flashback: Garbage Pail Kids

Friday is here again, so it's time for another '80s Flashback.

Before a word from our sponsor, here are the recent '80s Flashbacks:

'80s Flashback: Just Say No
'80s Flashback: Freddy Krueger
'80s Flashback: Atari
'80s Flashback: OP corduroy shorts
'80s Flashback: Parachute pants
'80s Flashback: Rambo cartoon
'80s Flashback: Psyche!
'80s Flashback: Jim and Tammy Faye
'80s Flashback: Avoid the noid
'80s Flashback: Mary Lou Retton
'80s Flashback: One night in Bangkok
'80s Flashback: Adams Atoms
'80s Flashback: Don't you forget about me

OK. This week's flashback is brought to you by "Small Wonder," the '80s show that seemed to forecast hell freezing over by staying on the air for several years. It was a bad idea with even worse acting. Even the intro seemed to be outdated in the '80s. (You can see the intro here.)

Now the Flashback:

Garbage Pail Kids were a series of trading cards that parodied the nauseating cuteness of the Cabbage Patch Kids dolls. They were very popular in the mid to late '80s, featuring characters such as "Up Chuck," "Ray Decay" and "Clogged Duane."

I was into baseball cards at the time, and with funds limited to my work as a paperboy, I stayed away from collecting any other kind of cards. Also, I thought the Garbage Pail Kids were kind of lame.

Not nearly as lame, however, as the Garbage Pail Kids Movie. I never saw it, but I'll believe the critics on this one. Also, check out the movie trailer below. I mean, wow ... that just looks UNBELIEVABLY bad.

Popular posts from this blog

Want my feedback? I've had it with surveys

Humor Me: Truth in customer service

Humor Me: Calculating your very own heat index