'80s Flashback: OP corduroy shorts

Friday is here again, so it's time for another '80s Flashback.

Before a word from our sponsor, here are the recent '80s Flashbacks:

'80s Flashback: Parachute pants
'80s Flashback: Rambo cartoon
'80s Flashback: Psyche!
'80s Flashback: Jim and Tammy Faye
'80s Flashback: Avoid the noid
'80s Flashback: Mary Lou Retton
'80s Flashback: One night in Bangkok
'80s Flashback: Adams Atoms
'80s Flashback: Don't you forget about me

OK. This week's flashback is brought to you by the 1982 song "Pass the Dutchie," which shot up the charts despite most people having no idea what the members of Musical Youth were singing about. I was 10 years old when it came out, so I had no clue. I also had parents who wouldn't get cable, so I didn't get to see this video. I still think the song is pretty catchy. I also want to get a pair of those rolled-up jeans.

Speaking of clothes, this week's flashback is:

OP corduroy shorts, as in the colorful Ocean Pacific corduroy shorts that fit in well during the shorty shorts era of the '80s. I had several pairs, which I could wear with colored tube socks that made me look like a total goofball. (Sadly, it probably also marked the height of my fashion sense.)

By the late '80s, the longer shorts were taking over. But, as is the case with most '80s items, you can still find them. Check them out here. Just make sure your hair is totally feathered before you wear a pair again.

Popular posts from this blog

Want my feedback? I've had it with surveys

Humor Me: Truth in customer service

Humor Me: Calculating your very own heat index