The Chess Boxing world champion is ...

A Russian man has been crowned world champion in the novelty sport of chess boxing.

Novelty sport?

That seems a little rude. I'm sure that this sport is more than a novelty to the guys alternating between throwing punches and moving pawns. Just listen to what the loser of the match had to say:

"I took a lot of body-blows in the fourth round and that affected my concentration. That's why I made a big mistake in the fifth round: I did not see him coming for my king."

Yep, I would see how getting pounded in the ring could affect your concentration. It's probably just as difficult in Trivia Wrestling or Sumo Stratego, sports that are probably on the drawing board.

Popular posts from this blog

Want my feedback? I've had it with surveys

Humor Me: Truth in customer service

Humor Me: Calculating your very own heat index