Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Choking on the wedding proposal

I've always thought that hiding an engagement ring in food is kind of strange. But more than that, it can be dangerous:

A Chinese woman passed out after accidentally swallowing an engagement ring her boyfriend had hidden in a cake.

The man said he was inspired by romantic movies in which leading men hid rings in cakes and gave them to their girlfriends.

Thankfully, the woman is fine now. She's agreed to marry the man, and they will have premarital counseling that includes instruction in the Heimlich Maneuver.

You know, just in case Mr. Romantic wants to give her a necklace in spaghetti.