Seriously, this is really, really good art

I admit it. I just don't get art.

It's not that I don't appreciate it. I'm just confused why some artists who seem very talented can't make a living and others get $25 to $35 million for this:

(Note: The painting involves nudity and a severe weight problem).

If you don't want to see it, here's a description from the story.

The painting challenges modern notions of beauty and elicits a reaction from everyone who sees it. That may have been precisely the aim of [Lucian] Freud, who told London's Tate Gallery in 2002 that he wanted his paintings to "astonish, disturb, seduce, convince."

Well, he succeeded. A naked woman on a worn-out couch for $25 million.

Astonishing.

Popular posts from this blog

Want my feedback? I've had it with surveys

Humor Me: Truth in customer service

Humor Me: Calculating your very own heat index